JOIN THE WISHER CREATORS CLUB
WE’RE LOOKING FOR ARTISTS, DESIGNERS, CREATORS TO JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
Wisher is the world’s social gifting platform that helps to make people’s wishes happen. We truly believe in the power of wishing and gifting and making the world a better place. Our purpose is to connect people through kindness, hence this Christmas we’ll grant a “once in a lifetime” wish to someone like YOU!
Our competition is open to EVERYBODY. Simply tell us why you’re our YouTube Christmas Star and support your submission with a link to your channel.
The top 10 submissions will go through to the semi-finals. In this round we’ll pay you to create a film to plug the app, make three wishes and get your fans to follow you. The person with the most creative film and most “follows” will be crowned the winner. We’ll grant you your 3 wishes – any 3 cities in 3 days with a person of your choice including a visit to London. Who will you pick? We’ll give you loads of spending money – US$5000 CASH – to spoil yourself, have fun and grant your friends’ and fans’ wishes as you go along. You become the fairy godmother this Christmas!
Pitch your star qualities here from today. This is open to anyone with a YouTube account and have more than 10 subscribers keen for an epic challenge in 2016. Tell us what your S-factor is or tell us what makes you the brightest star in the universe. If you have a video submission instead of written, we’ll link your url to WisherTV automatically. We love shiny Christmas charisma of course…
The semi finals
On the 30th of November 2016 at 13:00 GMT the Wisher team and Judge JC will pick 10 entrants based on “creativity” of entry to proceed to the semi final. Each semi finalist will be paid to create a final video making their wishes and encouraging friends and fans to make Christmas wishes and to follow your profile on Wisher.
- Total FOLLOWS on Wisher
- Creativity of your film
The winner will be chosen on the 7th of December at 13:00 GMT live from the Wish Factory.
Be ready to pack your bags, pick a friend or a fan and go on the most awesome global adventure imaginable. We’ll book your flights, accommodation and send your spending money – $5000 – CASH! As part of your adventure you’ll stop over in London for VIP treatment and shine on our Christmas tree.
YOUTUBE Star of Christmas Contest 2016
2. Entrants may enter the competition by entering their personal details and answering a question online at www.wisher.com/starofchristmas
3. The competition will close for entries at midday (BST) on the 30th of November 2016.
4. This competition is open to anyone from any country aged sixteen (16) and over, excluding employees and immediate relatives of employees of Wisher (the “Promoter”) and/or the Promoter’s respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies (and any other person professionally connected with this competition will also be ineligible) with a valid YouTube account with more than 10 subscribers to date
5. Each winner shall receive two (2) economy flights tickets to any three cities in the world including London between the 7th and the 20th of December 2016, hotel accommodation for two (2) adults including spending money of US$5000 (the “Prize”).
WHERE A WINNER IS UNDER EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT, THE WINNER’S GUEST MUST BE AGED EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OR OLDER AND THE WINNER MUST HAVE THE WRITTEN CONSENT OF THEIR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IN ORDER TO GO ON THE ROUND THE WORLD TRIP. THE WINNER AND THEIR GUESTS MUST BE AVAILABLE TO GO ON THE TOUR BETWEEN THE 7TH AND THE 20TH OF DECEMBER 2016. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE.
FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, THE PRIZE DOES NOT INCLUDE TRAVEL IN THE CITIES, TRAVEL TO AND FROM THE AIRPORTS AND HOTELS.
THE WINNER AND TRAVEL ASSISTANT MUST HAVE A VALID PASSPORT AND VISAS FOR THE CHOSEN COUNTRIES AND LONDON AS THIS IS NOT INCLUSIVE IN THE TOTAL PRIZE COST AND THE TIME LIMITS DOES NOT ALLOW FOR VISA APPLICATIONS.
THE WINNER WILL BE BOUND TO SPEND ONE NIGHT OF THE WORLD TOUR IN LONDON WHERE THE WINNER WILL BE COMPELLED TO PART TAKE IN MEDIA ACTIVITIES WITH THE WISHER TEAM
THE PRIZE MONEY US$5000 WILL BE TRANSFERRED VIA PAYPAL INTO THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT OF THE WINNER WHEREBY THE WINNER WILL TAKE LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY OF THE SPENDING MONEY FROM THEN ONWARDS.
6. There will be one winner chosen from all valid and correct entries received on or before the closing time at midday GMT on the 7th of December 2016
7. The competition is free to enter. However, costs of accessing the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your network operator for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
9. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries by the same entrant will be void and the entrant disqualified. All entries must include the name, date of birth, telephone number and e-mail address of the entrant and a link to a valid YouTube channel.
10. Each winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of this competition (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature if the winner is under eighteen (18) years old) prior to receiving the Prize. Each winner and winner’s guest shall, in order to benefit from the Prize, be required to adhere to the terms and conditions of attendance of the round the world tour.
11. The final winner will be selected on the 7th of December 2016 based on follows on the Wisher app and creativity of the film created as Judges by Wisher and Judge JC.
12. The winner will be notified individually by telephone by the 7th of November and will receive the flight tickets and accommodation for the “Prize” in the week prior to the start of the tour.
13. The winner and 10 semi finalists will be compelled to do regular updates and postings with the #starofchristmas and the Wisher social media handle on Instagram, Facebook or Snapchat. “Regular” is implies once a day at minimum.
14. The winner will be liable to grant minimum 3 of the fans’ wishes on the world tour whereby an item will be purchased in a store and content needs to be captured and backed up for future media purposes. The granted wishes or items will be posted by the winner from their home city. Wisher will deal with the postal information and communication with the fans where needed. There is no need for the winner to meet their fans in person whose wishes got granted. The agreed time frame for the wishes to arrive at their fans’ shipping address is before the 26th of December 2016.
15. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason establish contact with any winner within twenty four (24) hours of the Promoter’s initial attempt to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to immediately draw another winner who will be selected applying the same criteria as used to select the original winner.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prize in the event that, in the Promoter’s opinion, there are insufficient entries for the Promoter to be able to select the winners. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any and all aspects of the competition, including the determination of any winners. No correspondence will be entered into.
18. By entering the competition, entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include without limitation the entrant’s name and/or likeness, voice, photographs and/or video footage of the entrant, biographical information provided by the entrants and/or any statement made by them concerning the competition and/or the Prize. Entrants agree that any or all such elements may be used by the Promoter in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as the Promoter in its sole discretion sees fit.
20. The Prize is as stated and non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide the stated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. The Prize is subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
21. The Promoter shall not be liable to the winners and/or their guests for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or the Prize other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter and/or Promoter’s personnel.
22. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winners and/or their guests under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond their reasonable control including without limitation delays (to postal services or otherwise), changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising, without limitation, out of or in connection with the organisers of the Event or the provision of accommodation included in the Prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner and/or guest shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
23. Each winner will be solely responsible for and hereby indemnifies and holds the Promoter harmless in respect of any losses, costs, liabilities or damages suffered or incurred by the Promoter as a result of any of his/her acts and/or omissions in connection with the Prize and those of his/her guest (including without limitation any damage caused and expenses (such as costs of refreshments) incurred in connection with the Prize).
24. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
25. Details of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to YouTube Christmas Star Contest, 4 Noel street, Soho, W1F 4GB, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
27. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
28. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
29. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
30. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to: YouTube Christmas Star Contest, 4 Noel street, Soho, W1F 4GB
Thank you for entering the competition!
Please check your email for a confirmation message text to be written here.
Oooohps! Something went wrong!
Please re-enter your details on the form.
View Terms & Conditions* Required fields